The Saratoga County Department of Public Health Services today announced the most current stats* on COVID-19 in Saratoga County.
• Confirmed cases of COVID-19: 513
• Deaths: 17
• Recovered cases: 463
• Active cases: 34
• Hospitalizations: 4
• Total tested: 17,918
*Please note that the deaths, recovered cases and active cases, when added together, do not equal the total number of confirmed cases. That is because one of the previously reported deaths happened out of the state, but was never counted as a confirmed case within the county.
Also, the Saratoga County Public Health Services COVID-19 Hotline is now staffed Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Residents can reach a public health specialist at 518-885-2276.
Free, Six-Week "Coping Circles" Group Chat
New Yorkers are coping with a lot. Coping Circles are free, six-week support and resilience groups, held by video or phone, facilitated by licensed mental health professionals.
Learn more and sign up at here for a Coping Circle, including specialized circles for:
• Health care workers and first responders
• Survivors of COVID-19 infection
• Job loss due to COVID-19
• Loss of a loved one to COVID-19
Feeling stressed by the COVID-19 epidemic? You are not alone. Call the New York State Emotional Support Helpline 7 days a week, 8:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. at 1-844-863-9314.
Testing for COVID-19 can be authorized by a health care provider for individuals who meet one or more of the following criteria:
• Symptomatic or has a history of symptoms of COVID-19 (e.g. fever, cough, and/or trouble breathing), particularly if the individual is 70 years of age or older, the individual has a compromised immune system or the individual has an underlying health condition
• Had close (i.e. within six feet) or close contact with a person known to be positive with COVID-19
• Subject to a precautionary or mandatory quarantine
• Employed as a health care worker, first responder or other essential worker who directly interacts with the public while working
• Presents with a case where the facts and circumstances – as determined by the treating clinician in consultation with state or local department of health officials – warrant testing
• Included under other criteria set by the New York State Department of Health based on an individual's geographic place of residence, occupation or other factors that the Department may deem relevant for COVID-19 testing purposes
• Would return to workplace in Phase One, Two or Three
• Attended any of the recent protests across the state
For more information, visit the state’s testing website here: https://rc-1.nyspi.org/surveys/?s=44YWTJMF3T
County Reopening Website
Remember to visit the County’s new COVID-19 reopening website: https://forward.ny.gov/covid-19-testing The website will be updated regularly with information pertaining to when certain businesses may begin to reopen.
Data Dashboard enhanced
The dashboard now includes more comprehensive information and charts on positive cases. A link to the data dashboard, which is updated on weekdays, can be found at the top of the Saratoga County Department of Public Health Services’ COVID-19 website, located here: https://www.saratogacountyny.gov/departments/publichealth/…/